Is your child an enthusiastic extrovert between the age of 6 and 14 who loves to chat, laugh, and explore?
Squamish.com plans to share the kid-friendly side of the Sea to Sky region in a fun way! We’re looking for a small team of volunteer kid correspondents to attend events and activities with our super fun videographers and photographers.
The Perfect Candidates
The Squamish.com volunteer kid correspondents should:
- Live in the Sea to Sky corridor
- Be fun loving with a big personality
- Be able to attend one or two Sea to Sky events and activities this year (with a parent present)
- Be comfortable speaking on camera
- Be flexible, adventurous, and willing to try anything
- Interview and have engaging conversations with kids and adults
- Know how to have a good time and love to make people laugh
- Have parents who are pumped to share their child’s likeness in video and photos via Squamish.com’s internet, video, and social media channels
- Receive bonus points if they have parents/friends who are interested in exercising their own photography/videography skills
What’s in it for the kids?
The Squamish.com volunteer kid correspondents will receive:
- Free tickets/entry to their selected activities
- Fame (well, at least within the Squamish.com family)
- Fortune (as in, they will be fortunate to explore the Sea to Sky Corridor)
- Fine-tuned interview skills & digital media insights
- A whole lot of fun
- Squamish.com swag
How to Participate
If the Squamish.com volunteer kid correspondent sounds like someone you know, please have them submit a short (less than 1 minute) video showing off their adventurous nature and interview skills around your house or neighbourhood.
Please be sure they include their name, age, and favourite thing about Squamish!
Submit your volunteer kid correspondent videos to [email protected]h.com by June 1st, 2017. Squamish.com will announce the kid correspondent team members by July 1st, 2017.
Please include contact information for a parent or guardian in the submission email.